Introduction to Internet of Things projects using the ESP32-WROOM-32
Select your workshop date at the right.
In this workshop, you will learn the foundational configurations needed to build and code using the ESP32 to access its Wi-Fi capabilities.
This is a building workshop. You will need an ESP32-WROOM-32D microcontroller (with a DEV Kit C feather board preferred) and breadboard.
You will learn the following:
- ESP32 Capabilities (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth)
- Pin connections available on the ESP32 WROOM
- Differences between the ESP32 and ESP8266
- Communication settings in the Arduino IDE for the ESP32
- Necessary Libraries to use the ESP32
- Board and COM settings to use the ESP32
- Verifying the Settings
- Scanning available Wi-Fi networks using a sketch.
- Common Troubleshooting Hints with the ESP32
Recommended Workshop Sequence.
- Intro to ESP32 (This Course)
- ESP32 Webserver and HTML
- ESP32 and Bluetooth Classic
- ESP32, Sensor Data, and HTML
Need workshop materials or a book? Use the related parts list below to add to your order what you need. The Iot Training Kit contains all the parts you need for all of our IoT workshops.