STEAM Edition Starter Guide
After piloting the projects in this book for 4 school years with over 1000 grades 7 through 9 students, the authors built this groundbreaking curriculum. Written with easy-to-use step-by-step instructions and full-color photos and technical diagrams of each project, students and their teachers will find these projects, challenging, engaging, and built to support creativity while teaching engineering design, C/C++ coding, and digital prototyping. All of the code is included to build the 6 projects and ideas for 15 more projects.
Now used in 42 states and 35 countries, this curriculum is integrated in science, engineering, and coding programs.
Students have used projects and the skills learned in this curriculum to compete in science and engineering fairs in Mexico. One student won the national science and engineering fair run by CONACYT in 2017 and 2018 with her Arduino® skills.
Another group of students we advised used a sensor presented in this book and with modified code won first place in the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow in 2020 and the MIT-Lemelson Award.
- Grades 5 and up
- 24 full-color pages
- 6 Hands-on projects in Four Sections (Building Blocks, Inputs and Controls, Sensors, Combining Inputs and Controls)
- 15 Project Extensions
- 4 Project Skills Tutorials
Content and Skills Developed
- Integrated into STEAM content areas
- Coding in C / C++
- Engineering Design
- Digital Prototyping
- Tools for Project-Based Learning
- 21st Century Skills Development
- Project Management
- Open-source Skills
- Step by Step Directions
- Project Material Lists
- Full-Color Photos and Diagrams
- Digital Prototyping
- Tested C / C++ Code
- Project Rubrics
- Ancillaries (Premium Online)
- Classroom Presentations (Premium Online)
- Pacing Guides
- Copy and Paste Code (Premium Online)
- Integration Notes
- Standards Alignments (ISTE, NGSS, CC, USCS)
- Discussion Questions
- Anticipatory Sets
- Curricular Integration Points
- Videos (Premium Online)
- Learner Accommodations
- Classroom Setup
- Project Photo / Video Submission (Online)
This curriculum can be shipped separately within the United States via media mail. Contact us first before ordering and we will assist you if you wish to have your curriculum shipped via media mail.
* Materials Sold Separately