It is a requirement that you have taken Introduction to Internet of Things - Wi-Fi Connected Devices with the ESP32-WROOM before taking this workshop.
In this workshop, you will learn the foundational configurations needed to connect the ESP32 to a GPS receiver and obtain its data.
This is a building workshop. You will need, an ESP32-WROOM-32D microcontroller, breadboard, jumper wires, and GPS.
You will learn the following:
- C/C++ Coding
- Installing additional Libraries from GitHub
- Void Setup and Void Loop necessary
- Access the data connection of a GPS receiver
- Passing information between the ESP32 and Serial Monitor
Recommended Workshop Sequence.
- Intro to ESP32
- ESP32 Webserver and HTML
- ESP32 and Bluetooth Classic
- ESP32, Sensor Data, and HTML
- ESP32 and GPS (This Course)
Need workshop materials or a book? Use the related parts list below to add to your order what you need. The Iot Training Kit contains all the parts you need for all of our IoT workshops.
Workshop - ESP32-WROOM and GPS - Internet of Things
- Brand: Gearbox Labs, Inc.
- Product Code: Internet of Things GPS with ESP32-WROOM
- Availability: In Stock