FREE - OPEN to ALL
Join us for five live classes on Engineering and coding using Tinkercad circuits and the Arduino Uno.
These classes are live and virtual will be delivered by Isabel Mendiola and Peter Haydock from Gearbox Labs in English.
Explore the digital prototyping, DC circuits, physical computing and more.
It is recommended that you take one of the Intro to Tinkercad workshops before taking this one or have experience working with Tinkercad circuits.
Explore the world of Arduino connected sensors and CAD, engineering design, and coding with Gearbox Labs. This live and virtual workshop will be delivered by Isabel Mendiola and Peter Haydock.
- Class 1 Night Light with a Photoresistor (Project 13 from STEAM Edition)
- Class 2 Temperature Controlled Fan with a Digital Thermometer (Project 22 from STEAM Edition)
- Class 3 Soil Moisture Sensor (Project 20 from STEAM Edition)
- Class 4 Digital Ruler with a Distance Sensor (Project 16 from STEAM Edition)
- Class 5 Random Numbers (Projects 2 and 8 Extension for STEAM Edition)
Enrollment limited to 25
This workshop will cover computer science concepts including:
- line / text-based coding in C++
- random numbers
- data types
- displaying text
- conditional statements
- INPUTS and OUTPUTS
This workshop will cover engineering concepts including:
- digital vs. analog signals
- PWM signals
- reading schematics
- resistor selection
This workshop will cover technologies including:
- distance sensor
- gas sensor
- light sensor
- temperature sensor
This workshop will cover science concepts including:
- Ohm's Law
- Temperature (units and conversion)
- Light Intensity
Before starting you must have a Tinkercad account. Register for a free account at https://www.tinkercad.com/
You must also have a computer and a broadband connection to the internet. These sessions will not be recorded.
Connection and Date details will be sent to you after registration.