Library Support Special
Buy One Give One
Buy two books for $90 (25% Discount), keep one for yourself and
tell us which public or school library you would like us to send the second book.
We will contact you after your purchase for which library should receive the book. US purchases and libraries only.
The ARDUINO® Classroom: STEAM Edition, Volume 1
Piloted for 4 school years in Monterrey Mexico, The Arduino® Classroom: STEAM Edition, Volume 1 is the inaugural curriculum from Gearbox Labs, Inc. Over 1000 grades 7 through 9 students piloted, built, and modified these projects over four years. The authors took all of the feedback from this pilot and wrote this groundbreaking curriculum. Written with easy to use step-by-step instructions and full-color photos and technical diagrams of each project, students and their teachers will find these projects, challenging, engaging, and built to support creativity while teaching engineering design, C/C++ coding, and digital prototyping. All of the code is included to build the 25 projects and ideas for 110 more projects.
Students have used projects and the skills learned in this curriculum to compete in science and engineering fairs in Mexico. One student won the national science and engineering fair run by CONACYT in 2017 and 2018 with her Arduino® skills.
- Grades 5 and up
- 240 full-color pages
- Coil Bound/Lay Flat
- 25 Hands-on projects in Four Sections (Building Blocks, Inputs and Controls, Sensors, Combining Inputs and Controls)
- 110+ Project Extensions
- 15 Project Skills Tutorials
Content and Skills Developed
- Integrated into STEAM content areas
- Coding in C / C++
- Engineering Design
- Digital Prototyping
- Tools for Project-Based Learning
- 21st Century Skills Development
- Project Management
- Open Source Skills
- Step by Step Directions
- Project Material Lists
- Full-Color Photos and Diagrams
- Digital Prototyping
- Tested C / C++ Code
- Project Rubrics
- Ancillaries (Premium Online)
- Classroom Presentations (Premium Online)
- Pacing Guides
- Copy and Paste Code (Premium Online)
- Integration Notes
- Standards Alignments (ISTE, NGSS, CC, USCS)
- Discussion Questions
- Anticipatory Sets
- Curricular Integration Points
- Videos (Premium Online)
- Learner Accommodations
- Classroom Setup
- Project Photo / Video Submission (Online)
If you would like your book signed by the authors please indicate that in your shipping notes upon purchase.
* Materials Sold Separately
Curriculum - The ARDUINO® Classroom: STEAM Edition, Volume 1 BOGO
- Brand: Gearbox Labs, Inc.
- Product Code: ISBN-13 978-0-578-55418-1 Buy One / Give One
- Availability: In Stock